Writing & Storytelling Coaching
You’re a transformation professional on a quest to own your story, but you who don’t necessarily want all the headaches of ownership.
Blog posts. Website copy. Guest articles. Your online course. The personal stories you want to use to connect to your audience during your next talk or presentation. The book you know you’re meant to put out there.
On top of all of your other commitments to your practice, your business, and your life, these writing projects may seem too demanding.
The good news? With your own writing coach, you won’t have to develop, organize, and write all alone.
When you invite me to support your writing practice, you’ll have a sounding board, a fresh set of eyes, an experienced copywriter, a seasoned player in the digital marketing arena, a compassionate editor, and a passionate storyteller who is fiercely dedicated to helping you write your own Sovereign Story.
The words you use and the stories you tell – they matter
You want to capture the attention of the skimming online reader, but you don’t want to produce gimmicky, plastic prose. You want to sound like you, not like a marketer. You want your words to do their job and further your business without sacrificing what’s really important – your voice.
Call on me when you want to write content that matters, when you know that your work and your audience deserve more than “just another blog post” or “a quick services page.”
Call on me because you want to weave words that are meaningful to you, your readers, and your business.
What You Can Expect From Your Writer & Storytelling Coach
Writing coaching is a co-creative process. The copy you end up with will feel like yours. It will be sourced by your existing copy, results of our consulting sessions, what you produce in writing assignments I give you, and the edits I do for you.
Consider me your partner in every step of the writing journey. Together we will:
- make sure you’re clear on the work you’re meant to do, the people you’re meant to serve, and the message you’re meant to bring to the world
- determine the needs and interests of your readers
- brainstorm and organize your ideas
- create an editorial calendar that you can actually sustain
- continue to journey together as your vision, audience, and business evolve
And I will:
- help you decide which personal stories to tell so that you make a connection without worrying about oversharing
- empower you to become a stronger writer, specifically when it comes to writing for an online audience
- edit your work and make informed, detailed suggestions about your content
- do the writing for you when you want to use your time and energy in other ways
Writing Coaching Initial Consultation Process
Before I can support you as your writing coach, you'll need to introduce me to yourself and your business through the Initial Consultation process. I'll be learning about you, but I'll also be asking you questions that enable you to see your own work and mission with greater clarity.
First, you’ll complete the Initial Questionnaire for Sovereign Storytellersand I’ll review up to five pages of your website OR 2000 words of your writing. (Editing services are not included in the initial review.)
We’ll have a 90-minute phone conversation during which you’ll introduces me to your business, your goals, and your brand voice.
After the call you’ll receive a report of recommendations and strategies that will guide the next phase of your writing practice and help you make the most of my ongoing support.
Investment: $450 for the initial consultation and then decide how many hours per month we'll be working together.
$259 for two hours per month
$359 for three hours per month
$439 for four hours per month
$499 for five hours per month
Additional time within a 30 day period is billed at $99/hour
Writing Coaching & Editing Policies
- Writing coaching and editing services are offered on a monthly subscription basis. You pay up front each month for suggestions and editing of the agreed-upon word count plus consultation time if that is part of your package.
- Sign and prepay a yearlong contract and receive lucky month number thirteen for free!
- We’ll set up a monthly subscription through PayPal so you can use any credit card you wish. When I’ve received your payment I will send you an email inviting you to share your work with me.
- You’ll be most successful when you set a publication schedule and stick with it. Ideally, you’ll send me a piece a week before you plan on posting it.
- Use it or lose it – most of the time. You’re hiring a writing coach because you’re committing to a regular writing practice. That means that you can’t carry my time over to the next month just because you got too busy to write. Then again, real life can get in the way of the routine. If illness or some other major life events is going to keep you from your keyboard for an extended period, please just let me know and we can make arrangements.
- I prefer to work in the powerful, free Google Drive because we can easily converse about edits through comments and ensure we’re always looking at the same version of your piece. I’ll make some text formatting suggestions within the doc (headers, bullets, italicization, etc.) but it is up to you to post the work on your website or format it specifically for submission.
Think you need more than coaching? How about copywriting support?
If it’s not the right time for you to devote yourself to your own writing practice but you know your professional practice needs a clear, fresh message, let’s talk about how my copywriting services can get you the results you’re looking for.